If Death were to be an object, then I reveal to you Death. Meet Death : this blog.
Two losses.
A short period of time.
Both very dear, yet not very close to me. Not close in the sense that we hardly had a conversation, but saw one another often enough to be able to form some sort of connection.
A week or so ago, I lost a cousin. May Allah bless his soul and his family. I prefer not to describe the causes of his death, to respect his family's privacy and to conceal it from prying eyes.
And six days ago, I lost a friend. I may not know him as well as his close friends, but I know him enough to say that he was kind and gave away smiles easily, being the generous person that he was. It could have been a coincidence that one time when a classmate was having a playful dispute with him and suddenly, and maybe even accidentally, blurted out that he was sick or ill. But he denied that and said that it was another person that wasn't feeling well, a kid from 5M2. Thinking that it wasn't him being sick, I went along and believed him.
I found out that he wasn't well after the SPM results were out, around the end of March 2011. He wouldn't say much about his condition but he kept on saying that he was okay and was then receiving treatment in Ampang.
In a way, it seemed as though he refused to let others know how he was actually doing. Maybe he didn't want to burden others by thinking about him too much or worrying about him. It saddens me to know that he is no longer here.
People have regrets, but hopefully we'll be able to push forward and live life to the fullest.

No comments:
Post a Comment