Thursday, September 23, 2010

cuba cuba cuba.

Sometimes in life, you have lucky days and also unlucky days. No matter how hard you try to avoid those unlucky days, it is quite impossible. People say that life is like a wheel, sometimes you are on top and sometimes you land at the bottom. But one way or another, it is just a way to show that God really cares for our well-being by testing us day by day with series of unfortunate events. Well, enough said. What I desire to do right now is to tell you about my version of an unlucky day that I had experienced not so long ago.

It was a Sunday. A perfect sunny Sunday. As usual, like any other Sundays, I had to pull myself out of bed early in the morning. I was forced to fight back the urge to crawl under my covers and continue my beauty sleep. So off I went, out of my bedroom and into the bathroom for a long shower. After shivering and splashing, I got dressed and joined my mother and sisters for breakfast. My mother suddenly said that they were going to Jusco Tebrau City to watch a movie. In an instant, I told my mother that I wanted to join them. But unfortunately, my brain reminded me about my Additional Mathematics tuition class which I had in exactly ten minutes. So I asked my mother to wait up for me after class. She agreed to wait.

Half an hour later, I was sitting in my tuition class. Numerical formulas seemed to float about in the atmosphere along with peculiar mathematical diagrams. My mind was not focused on learning, but instead, I was too busy thinking about Jusco Tebrau City and the cinema. Mentally, I was in Jusco Tebrau City, but physically, I was in my class. Do not get me wrong, I do love Additional Mathematics. But learning it requires full concentration and that I did not have at that time. My hand seemed to dance around on my desk while Mr Lim was teaching about Geometrical Coordinates.

An hour later, I was already standing outside my tuition centre. I waved goodbye to my friends as they left one by one. I had a bad gut feeling. I decided to call my sister. When she answered my phone call, my heart sank like the Titanic. She said that they were already en route to Jusco Tebrau City. I pouted my lips and dragged myself home with a sad feeling in my heart. At the same time, I was angry. What else could I do? Jump on a bus and get there? I did not even know how to take a public bus. I am pathetic, I know.

As I was walking home, it began to rain heavily. My feet did not want to run, so I walked slowly. Large puddles formed on the sides of the roads and the sidewalks. Maybe the rain wanted to take revenge on me for some unknown reason. Suddenly, a beige Honda CRV zoomed past me and ran over a huge puddle of rain water. The water splashed onto my headscarf, blouse and black jeans. I was dumbfounded and shocked. Pools of tears began to form slowly in my brown eyes and slid down my zit-covered cheeks. I stood still, trying to recover from that unexpected incident. My body was soaking wet from head to toe. I noticed that a few motorcyclists were looking at me as they drove by. I must have looked strange to them. Embarrassed by what had happened, I ran home and locked myself in my room. I fell asleep crying over what had happened today.

At about three o’clock, I heard a knock on my bedroom door. I opened it immediately and saw my mother and sisters looking at me. Their faces were covered with apologetic looks. My explained that she had not heard what I said before. She thought that I did not want to tag along. I accepted her explanation and she took me out for lunch. We ended up eating at Burger King, my favourite place.

So you see, a simple misunderstanding caused me to have an unlucky day. I hope that God will take those unlucky days off my calendar next year so that I will not have another unlucky day ever again.

4 comments:

NA. said...

lol
kesian lah awk
sori i tergelak pulak when the car splashed u
:')
at least u got ur bk eyh?

Anonymous said...

when did this happen? >.<

ours polaire said...

Perhatian :
Esei ini adalah esei trial saya yang telah dibetulkan kesalahan tatabahasanya. Tambahan pula, esei ini tidaklah 100% true.

Amie ;
Kesian? haha tapi sejuk weh. Btw, tk dpt BK pun. hanya rekaan semata mata.

Nana ;
when eh? last year kut.

Anonymous said...

lol patutlaa. I don't remember the BK part. And I think it was this year laa. :P